Registration and networking
Josh Galper, Managing Principal, Finadium
Current dynamics in the rates and repo markets
- Repo as a cash investment
- What’s working and what isn’t in US repo?
- Repo data collection efforts
- Repo and US Treasury liquidity
- The CCP model and the buy-side as direct participants
- The US Treasury’s report on financial deregulation – progress or pitfalls ahead?
- A return to Constant NAV funds?
- Will US banks use deregulation to expand balance sheet?
- What will be the limiting factors on financing and liquidity?
Lunch and networking
Products and client preferences
- What do cash investors want?
- Cash investment vs. securities lending cash reinvestment
- Separately managed accounts vs. registered funds
Trading and technology for the rates markets
- Big data and data management
- The expansion of Direct/Peer to Peer/All to All trading
- What are technology firms doing to facilitate market liquidity?
- Artificial Intelligence, blockchain and smart contracts
Cross-product challenges for the cash market
- Cash as Variation Margin for OTC derivatives
- Balance sheet discipline and bank lines of credit
- Alternative cash investment pools
- Centralization of liquidity management functions