Registration and networking
Josh Galper, Managing Principal, Finadium
Current dynamics in the rates and repo markets
- Repo as a cash investment
- What’s working and what isn’t in US repo?
- Repo data collection efforts
- Repo and US Treasury liquidity
- The CCP model and the buy-side as direct participants
- Tim Keenan, Global Product Owner – BondLend, EquiLend
- Laura Klimpel, Vice President, Clearing Agency Services, DTCC
- John Schwartz, Executive Director, Global Financing – Repo Financing, J.P. Morgan
- Jennifer Imler, Managing Director, Head of WFS Funding, Capital and Liquidity, Wells Fargo
- The US Treasury’s report on financial deregulation – progress or pitfalls ahead?
- A return to Constant NAV funds?
- Will US banks use deregulation to expand balance sheet?
- What will be the limiting factors on financing and liquidity?
- Viktoria Baklanova, Acting Associate Director for Current Analysis, US Office of Financial Research
Lunch and networking
Products and client preferences
- What do cash investors want?
- Cash investment vs. securities lending cash reinvestment
- Separately managed accounts vs. registered funds
- Rich Mejzak, Head of U.S. Portfolio Management, Cash Management, BlackRock
- Susan Hill, Senior Portfolio Manager and Head of Government Money Market Group, Federated
- Barry Harbison, North America Head of Liquidity Product, HSBC Global Asset Management
Trading and technology for the rates markets
- Big data and data management
- The expansion of Direct/Peer to Peer/All to All trading
- What are technology firms doing to facilitate market liquidity?
- Artificial Intelligence, blockchain and smart contracts
- Rick Stinchfield, Senior Consultant, Fintech Capital Markets, Finadium
- James Slater, EVP, Global Head of Securities Finance and Collateral Management, BNY Mellon
- Brian Cassin, Head of Product and Strategy, North America, Vela
- Colm Murtagh, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Institutional Rates, Tradeweb
- Brian Yeazel, Managing Director, Northwestern Mutual Investment Management
A repo index as the new LIBOR
- What a repo benchmark means for the markets
- What is being measured
- How soon will repo benchmarks matter
- Josh Galper, Managing Principal, Finadium
- Alex Blanchard, Head of US and European Repo Trading – Short Term Interest Rates, Goldman Sachs
- Jason Manske, Senior Managing Director, Head of Global Derivatives and Liquid Markets, MetLife
- Matthew McCormick, Research Economist, US Office of Financial Research
- Julia Coronado, President and Founder, MacroPolicy Perspectives LLC
- “Outlook for the Global Economy, Monetary Policy and Market Liquidity”