In its latest issue of The Purple, DataLend profiled securities lending in Japan. As Japan enters the “Reiwa” Era, it continues to be a powerhouse in the Asia region from a political, technological and economic position. In the finance markets, Japan at times tends not to attract the level of attention that its securities lending market potentially deserves.
Firms active in Japan are embracing technology more than ever. The take-up of automated trading platforms by key participants in the Japanese markets has promoted further economic development in the market. As for the securities finance market, EquiLend’s NGT trading platform, Post-Trade Suite and variety of DataLend products have seen steady interest and increasing adoption and use in Japan.
The Purple Issue 6 features market data, analyses and features on the global securities finance industry:
- In-Depth Data Focus: Americas, EMEA & Asia Pacific
- Global Securities Finance Revenue
- Roundtable: Women in Securities Finance
- Amidst Global Trade Wars, the Securities Finance Market Responds
- Corporate Bond Lending Picks Up
- Emerging Trends in Securities Finance
- What Drives Demand in Specials?
- DataLend: Behind the Scenes
- Securities Lending 101: Understanding Market Metrics
- Japan’s New Era
- MILA and the Outlook for Latin American Lending
- A Day in the Life of: Andrew Dyson, CEO, ISLA