Google’s Launchpad Studio, an acceleration program for startups globally, has announced a cohort of finance startups that focus on applied machine learning. Founders work closely with Google and Alphabet product teams and experts to solve specific technical challenges and optimize their businesses for growth with machine learning.
The following startups have been invited from across nine countries and four continents to discuss how machine learning can be utilized for financial inclusion, stable currencies, and identification services.
- Alchemy (USA), bridging blockchain and the real world
- Axinan (Singapore), providing smart insurance for the digital economy
- Aye Finance (India), transforming financing in India
- Celo (USA), increasing financial inclusion through a mobile-first cryptocurrency
- Frontier Car Group (Germany), investing in the transformation of used-car marketplaces
- Go-Jek (Indonesia), improving the welfare and livelihoods of informal sectors
- GuiaBolso (Brazil), improving the financial lives of Brazilians
- Inclusive (Ghana), verifying identities across Africa
- m.Paani (India), (em)powering local retailers and the next billion users in India
- Starling Bank (UK), improving financial health with a 100% mobile-only bank
The first cohorts in the Studio, which were taken on last year, focused on applied ML in healthcare.