Minium Financial Technology, a Cinnober company, was selected by Marex Spectron for a new generation real-time risk management platform to support the growth of Marex’s agency business in exchange-traded derivatives and FX. The risk management system will be delivered in phases, beginning in Q4 2018 and will support Marex’s activities in FX and exchange-traded derivatives cleared by 24 CCPs globally.
The cloud-based platform means Marex, a global broker of financial instruments in the commodities sector, can monitor counterparty risk in real-time across multiple asset classes via an exception-based smart dashboard. Moreover, the broker can consolidate a number of systems it currently uses into a single platform with additional key features, including:
- Initial margin and valuation replication over 24 global CCPs with the ability to perform what-if simulations
- Real-time value at risk (VAR) and stress VAR computations
- Real-time initial margin and P&L limit monitoring of positions across multiple assets classes
- Treasury liquidity monitoring including intra-day CCP margin call forecasting
- Regulatory capital calculations and what-if simulations