The International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) met this week at its Annual Conference in London to progress its work across its policy, research, capacity building and co- operation agenda.
The Strategic Direction and Goal will be implemented through 43 initiatives in Action Plans covering six priority areas.
• Research and Risk Identification: Identifying risks arising from securities markets, including market activities, technology and product developments, and unintended consequences of changes or proposed changes in laws and regulations;
• Standard Setting and Developing Guidance: Improving the international regulatory framework for securities markets by developing standards and guidance that are timely, responsive to market developments and internationally recognized;
• Implementation Monitoring: Promoting implementation of IOSCO standards through monitoring and assessment;
• Capacity Building: Addressing capacity building needs of its members, particularly in growth and emerging markets;
• Co-operation and Information Exchange: Strengthening the exchange of information and co-operation in the enforcement of markets regulation, and in the supervision of markets and market intermediaries; and
• Collaboration and Engagement with other International Organizations: Ensuring effective representation of IOSCO’s views in other international organizations and effective collaboration with other standard setters within the international financial regulatory community.
The full media release is available at http://www.iosco.org/news/pdf/IOSCONEWS384.pdf