Finextra and Misys recently surveyed 106 people in senior management from business or IT groups within capital markets organisations worldwide to get a snapshot of how they are responding to regulatory and market drivers.
The four challenges that bank respondents said they were least ready for were:
- Integration of acquisitions and organic expansion
- Implementing tougher and more frequently changing regulatory and compliance requirements
- Delivery of and access to real-time reporting and data by all vested interests
- Handling the increased complexity of internal reporting, governance and committee structures
Other key findings include:
- IT departments are less confident than top business executives of meeting regulatory challenges but more confident of addressing internal governance requirements.
- Over 70% of respondents are actively seeking to at least consolidate IT infrastructure in all areas of their business from sales and trading, through risk and market connectivity, to post-trade processing, in the next three years.
- The area that will see the most comprehensive rethinking of infrastructure (19% of all respondents) will be in post-trade processing.
Download your copy of the free report Capital Markets Set for Transformation to get the exact survey figures and benchmark your current strategy to industry trends. Registration required.