Euroclear released its figures for the first half of 2017, with record collateral outstandings of €1.2 trillion and increased investment in regulatory-driven and cyber security initiatives. Client assets held in safekeeping increased to €28.4 trillion and the group processed securities worth a total value of €369 trillion, benefitting from buoyant conditions in the markets served. Collateral outstandings reached record levels with a total of €1.155 trillion on Euroclear’s Collateral Highway in June 2017, up 14% from the previous year.
The key operating results for the group, for the first half of the year, include the following figures, compared to last year:
- Value of securities held on behalf of Euroclear clients, increased by 5% to €28.4 trillion
- Turnover, the value of securities transactions processed, up by 14% to €369 trillion
- The number of netted transactions settled in the Euroclear group rose by 11% to €107 million
- The number of daily collateralised transactions mobilized by Euroclear’s Collateral Highway was up 14% to €1155 billion
- Fund assets under custody increased 15% as Euroclear progressed its funds strategy
“Financial market conditions have been supportive to date, with record levels of client activity, and we reached record levels of collateral outstanding on our Collateral Highway,” said Lieve Mostrey, CEO of the Euroclear group. “Euroclear is accelerating its investments in both regulation-driven initiatives and cyber security, while continuing to develop its offering for clients globally.”